Sunday, May 06, 2007

Twelfth Show! NUGGETS SHOWCASE!

So, sometime the weekend of this show I remembered that I once had the first Nuggets boxset on my computer. My girlfriend freshman year had it and was really into it, I ripped it, and when I ran out of space on my hard drive, deleted it. And what a fool I was! Lately I've been listening to Love incessantly (writing a paper, etc) and yeah, since Nuggets is a collection of obscure psychedelic music (in three volumes: 12 discs), it clicked right away. These are amazing collections of songs and please, do yourself a favor and CHECK THEM OUT.

The Ladybug Transistor - The Swimmer (The Albemarle Sound) RIP San Fadyl
Love - Andmoreagain (Forever Changes
The Creation - How Does it Feel to Feel?
The Chocolate Watchband - She Weaves a Tender Trap
The Small Faces - Here Come the Nice
Os Mutantes - Bat Macumba
The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
The Music Machine - Talk Talk
13th Floor Elevators - You're Gonna Miss Me
The Plimsouls - Hypnotized
The Standells - Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White
The Church - The Unguarded Moment
The Zombies - This Will Be Our Year
Golden Earrings - Daddy Buy Me a Girl
The Sonics - Strychnine
The Spongetones - She Goes Out With Everybody
The Goliwogs - Fight Fire
The Creation - Biff! Bang! Pow!
The Beau Brummels - Laugh, Laugh
Screaming Trees - Transfiguration
Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band - Diddy Wah Diddy
The Downliners Sect - Glendora
The Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center of Your Mind
Van Morrison - I Can Only Give You Everything
The Bees - Voices Green and Purple
Love - Always See Your Face
The Dukes of the Stratosphear - Vanishing Girls
Blossom Toes - When the Alarm Clock Rings
The Barracudas - We're Living in Violent Times
XTC - Grass
The Lemon Drops - I Live in the Springtime
The Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense & Peppermints
Dream Syndicate - Tell Me When It's Over
The Lollipop Shoppe - You Must Be a Witch
The Primatives - You Said
Richard & the Young Lions - Open Up Your Door
The Remains - Don't Look Back
Love - Maybe the People Would Be the Times or Between Clark & Hilldale (Forever Changes)

On another note...

Artist of the Week:
Patrick Wolf


I just haven't had the time to express my fondness for Patrick Wolf's latest record, The Magic Position. Gone is the angsty teenage brooding, here is a fucking gorgeous and mature record that just happens to be full of terrific pop songs.

Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home