Friday, February 16, 2007

Fourth Show!

This being my last show before Valentine's Day, this episode of Pop Rocks! was designed to present as many mixtape worthy songs that I possibly could in two hours.

Heavenly - Our Love is Heavenly (Heavenly vs. Satan)
Built to Spill - By the Way (Air Mail EP) *Heavenly Cover
The Descendents - Get the Time (Enjoy!)
Portastatic - I Wanna Know Girls (Bright Ideas)
Of Montreal - Du Og Meg (Icons, Abstract Thee EP)
Belle & Sebastian - I'm a Cuckoo (Dear Catastrophe Waitress)
The Blow - Parenthesis (Paper Television)
Magnetic Fields - The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side (69 Love Songs)
Smoking Popes - Valentine (The Party's Over) *Willie Nelson Cover
Yo La Tengo - You Can Have it All (And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out)
The Pastels - Nothing to Be Done (Sittin' Pretty)
Honeybunch - Hey Blue Sky (Time Trials)
Weezer - Buddy Holly (The Blue Album)
The Apples in Stereo - Benefits of Lying With Your Friend (Tape Op Compilation)
The Zombies - Care of Cell 44 (Odyssey and Oracle)
Love - Always See Your Face (Four Sail)
Wolf Parade - I'll Believe in Anything (Apologies to the Queen Mary)
Beat Happening - Indian Summer (Jamboree)
Your Heart Breaks - Mixed Tapes (New Ocean Waves)
Glo-Worm - Friday I'm in Love (Glimmer) *Cure Cover
The Replacements - Valentine (Pleased to Meet Me)
The Pastels - Thank You For Being You (Truckload of Trouble)
Built to Spill - Girl (The Normal Years)
Cub - Little Star (Betti-Cola)
The Postmarks - My Little Heart (The Postmarks)
Guided by Voices - Learning to Hunt (Mag Earwig!)
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (In the Aeroplane Over the Sea)
The Zombies - This Will Be Our Year (Odyssey and Oracle)
Of Montreal - Ah, My Kitten (The Gladiator Nightstick Collection)
Tilly and the Wall - The Perfect Fit (Wild Like Children)
The Essex Green - Don't Know Why (You Stay) (Cannibal Sea)

BAND OF THE WEEK
Magnetic Fields


The most incredible pop band of our time. Did I just say that out loud? Yeah, I did. Nobody can write a love song like Stephin Merritt. Sure, 69 Love Songs is made up of songs about dead love, and yeah, I know, it's Valentine's Day and all but goddamnit, this one goes out to all the lonely people. Listen to "All My Little Words" and feel a little bit better.

Magnetic Fields - All My Little Words

Or if you're in love, "100,000 Fireflies" needs to be on the next mix cd you make for your special boy or girl. If you haven't put it on one already, seriously. If ever there were a song made for a mixtape...I can't find an mp3 of it. But SERIOUSLY. Get it.

Next Week! K Records Showcase!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home